Thursday, September 2, 2010

School has started

Evan's first day of second grade was yesterday.  Things went well for him.  He is already to the age where I have to pry every little piece of information I get out of him.  It makes me crazy!  I can't imagine what it will be like when he is a teenager.  I am sure I will be completely in the dark if he gets his way!  Today was his first time riding the school bus to school.  He was nervous. But tonight at dinner he said he will ride it for the rest of the school year.  A boy from the apartment complex is in his classroom and rides the bus as well.  I am not sure about this boy though,  his parents seem to let him run around all over the apartment complex.  One day when he and Evan were playing together he just came inside our apartment.  The thing that bothers me the most is that there are 14 apartment buildings here, they look like large two story houses, and I know that his parents have no clue where he is. I am worried that something is going to happen to him. I just don't want to have the responsibility of another persons child when they should be worried about him.  I guess only time will tell what type of friend he will be to Evan.


Lucas and Ory have been doing great, growing like weeds.  Tonight I put on some pajamas on Lucas and they were way to short.  He was too busy wanting to get in every last moment of playing before bed to let me change him into some pajama's that fit him.  So tonight he looks like he is waiting for a flood.   The daycare here acts more like a school, every day they are doing new projects.  Last week was luau week and they made all sorts of cute projects in Ory's room.  He painted a sand pail, and colored a surf board.  Today they made lemonade in his classroom.  He told me all about it on the ride home.  In Lucas's room he has been working on counting, colors, and his ABC's.  He amazes me lately in the knowledge that he has gained.  It makes me so happy that they are beginning to enjoy daycare.  


Work has been good.  The only thing that has been extremely difficult for me to get use to is standing for 8 hours.  My feet and ankles hurt so badly when I get home. Otherwise things are great.  I work with a real fun group of women  I spend a lot of my time at work laughing.  


Greg has been working like crazy, but that is normal for him.  Since I have started working it has been a little more difficult because our time together is only at night when he gets home.  I go to work between 7:30 and 8 and he doesn't get home until 8, 9, or 10 pm.  Weekends are great though!  


I spoke to our realtor tonight and he said that in our price range that there are 21 houses on the market just in East Jordan.  We are looking to lower the price and at our new price there are 16 houses in East Jordan for sale.  I am really to the point that we are doing what we can, but there isn't much we can do about it.  WellsFargo isn't willing to work with us at all.   It is extremely aggravating!  I am sure that its that way with all banks right now, but it seems like they would have some shred of dignity and help out people who need it.  We are lucky though because we are not going to be homeless if we do lose the house.  I just choose not worry about it.  


Labor day weekend and my parents and aunt are coming to visit.  The boys are super excited!   

No comments:

Post a Comment