Sunday, August 22, 2010

Momma, I'm on fire, most of the time.

Its been a while because life has been hectic.  I knew that we would all need time to adjust to the new schedule but I didn't plan on all of the sickness that has occurred the past two weeks.  Ory started it all, last weekend he had a fever and was lethargic.  It lasted around 48 hours.  No one else was showing any symptoms.  Wednesday of this past week we went to a Wisconsin Woodchucks game.  (We LOVE the Woodchucks!) Everyone was doing fine until late in the game Lucas started getting tired, so we left.   After we got home and everyone was in bed Lucas woke up crying.  Both Greg and I went to check him out and he came over to me saying that his belly hurt.  I proceeded to sit on the floor in front of him and he threw up all over me.  My husband whom I love dearly stood by and watched as our son emptied the contents of his upset stomach all over me.  After two days of illness Lucas was back to himself.  Friday afternoon I picked Evan up from daycare and I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't feeling well.  That night he started with the fever and throwing up.  This morning, Sunday, he is back to himself.  I have spent the majority of my weekend trying to disinfect my house.  Luckily neither Greg or I have shown any signs of becoming sick.  


The boys are adjusting to daycare rather well.  I have gotten over worrying about them, I think I feel safe knowing that they are all together and if one of them was having an extremely difficult day they would bring in his brothers to help.  This past week has been a little more difficult for Lucas though.  When Lucas started daycare he was in the 3 year old class room, but after the first week of evaluating him they have decided that he is 'advanced'.  Now he is in the 4 year old class room where they do more of a pre-school type of curriculum.  I do not consider Lucas 'advanced' because he is going to be 4 in November, which, as much as I don't want to admit it, not that far away.  For some reason the change for Lucas though has been difficult.  I think that he was just getting use to his old class room when they pulled him.  Friday when I picked him up he was playing with a little girl and told me all about his day.  So I think he is adjusting.  


Greg has been working like crazy, but that is nothing new.  He seems to really enjoy his job and the people that he works with.  He is repeatedly invited out golfing, which he has been able to do a couple of times.  Overall, all of the people at the station are super nice.  


I am enjoying my job.  I have been there two weeks and have had a lot of fun.  The people that I work with are a lot of fun!  Every day we laugh about something.  Its a little difficult though because I don't know much about plants and it can be difficult for customers to tell you what they want.  It has surprised me how many of the callers have no clue what they want when they call the shop.  I understand not understanding prices or things like that but generally I would have thought that when people call the shop they would have some idea of how much money they would like to spend.  Flowers are not cheap!  Saturday, yesterday,  I spent the day taking numerous orders for funerals.  I really, really, hope that I did not mess anyones order up.  We were busy and I had to do a couple of orders completely on my own.  I will see how I did tomorrow!


Summer is winding down, Evan starts school next week.  It amazes me how fast this summer has gone by!  


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment