On Tuesday, August 3rd, Evan officially turned 7. We spent the day at the mall where he was able to spend some of his birthday money on a couple of games and later at Wal-Mart he bought himself some pants (with my pushing), notebooks for school (like Grandma Carol had asked) and Pokemon cards and hot wheels. He is pretty easily to please. I baked him a chocolate birthday cake with chocolate icing, that he asked for. And over 3/4 of the cake still sits on the counter wrapped in saran. He has never been one for sweets, he doesn't even drink juice any longer. He has never drank soda and doesn't want to, and he doesn't like ice cream, some times I wonder where he came from. Over all he had a great day and he was even willing to share all of his presents with his brothers.
Yesterday we spent the day at the Wisconsin Valley Fair. I knew it was going to be busy but I severely under estimated the number of people who would be at the fair. We arrived around 4:00 and there was no place to park at all! So after driving around for 20 mins, I found a spot three blocks away and on a hill. No big deal I thought, I have the double stroller! So we were on our way. We found Greg at the WDEZ tent and hung out with him for a little while and then made our way to visit all of the attractions. I'm spicing it up a little when I say attractions, I should just say farm animals. There were three large barns full, and I mean full of cattle. I have come to the conclusion that I am not a fan of any form of cow. It was a little awkward walking through this barns with all of these cows rear ends facing us, I was just so thankful that none of them used the bathroom. I don't need another parenting fail! We did find the rabbits and then the goats and lastly the pigs. While looking at all of these huge pigs Lucas brings up the story of the time we were traveling down the freeway and I saw an animal hauling semi. So I called out to the boys to look at the pigs in the trailer, well about half way down the trailer there was a pig that was so smashed that his butt was hanging out the small vent. I am hoping that one day they forget that their mother drew their attention to a pig anus.
Anyways, after seeing all of the farm animals and looking at all of the over priced rides we made our way back to see Greg. Did I mention that it was over 90 degrees. So we were all sweaty, especially me after pushing the double stroller all throughout the fair. When we got back to the WDEZ tent we found out that Greg's co-worker Vanessa, was able to get us seats inside the grand stand to watch Lady Antebellum. Which they rocked, it was an awesome concert. There were over 9000 people inside the grand stand to watch them, it was great. After the show Greg had to stay at the tent so the boys and I were on our own to get back to our vehicle, which I thought would be no huge deal except for the fact that we were a mile away and it was dark. After walking in the dark up a huge hill, in the sweltering heat (it was still 85 out) we made it. Overall it was one of the longest days this summer. The boys were so well behaved and stuck close! There were no hissy fits, about rides or the heat. I am very pleased that I have three boys that I can take out in public without worrying about behavior!
No comments:
Post a Comment