I have been in Wausau since June 12th. I spent the month of June unpacking, reorganizing and becoming familiar with my new town. Not to mention that we had a wedding at the end of the month so there was no reason to be looking for a job when I would need a week off. So I waited. July came around and I started applying hard core, but nothing. No calls, just rejection letters by the ton. I was fortunate enough to have landed an interview with Aspirus, one of the big hospitals here, and then a couple of days later, Yankee Candle. Anyone who knows me knows that I love Yankee candle. I received a rejection letter from Aspirus because the position was in a pain management clinic and they just didn't feel it was the best place for someone new in the field to start. I totally agree after interviewing with them. They made it very clear that they have an issue with drug addicts who come just searching for meds, not something that I find my self qualified for. I telephone interviewed with Yankee Candle and was technically hired over the phone but it was for a part time position at $7.50 an hour. With the cost of child care here I knew that there was no way.
So I kept applying, to anything at all that was full time. Medical, dental, clerical, retail... Finally I started thinking about what it is that I want to do and what will be rewarding for me. Of course, medical was top on the list but then I started thinking about the things that I like to do. I love plants and I want to work for a company that cares about the community. These choices lead me to apply to Goodwill, which has an opening for assistant manager, Target, which has an opening for a cashier, and Krueger floral, for a florist. And I got calls from all three! I interviewed at Goodwill this week and received a call today for a second interview with the district manager. I also interviewed with Krueger Floral and received a call today asking me to go take a pre-employment drug test. I have an interview set up for tomorrow at Target. Now I am left to decide which of these will bring me the most satisfaction, and to find a child care center that will be the best for the boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment