Yesterday the boys and I went and took a tour of a day care center called Wonderfully Made. It is a Christian based center that is 5 blocks away from our apartment. They will pick Evan up after school and take him to the facility. Lucas and Ory will be in the same classroom until Lucas turns 4, which I think will help them adjust. I was slightly worried about Greg's aversion to religion and how he would react to my wanting to put the boys into this center. I made sure to explain to him throughly that they are the only center that is open past 6 pm. Since I won't be getting out of work until between 6 and 6:30 I knew that this was one of our only choices. I debated on looking for a home based child care provider but there aren't any in the Elementary school district that Evan will be attending. I am nervous about leaving the boys, even though the center is wonderful, they have never been in daycare. I am sure they will adapt much better then I will. Another plus is that the center is exactly one block from work, if Walgreens wasn't in the way I would be able to see it. This eases the worry. Lucas is completely ready to go, he keeps asking all types of questions about his "School".
So the boys:
Ory has been walking around all day pretending to be a robot. He says "I am Robot...I am Robot...I am Robot..."(repeat). I think it might be from something he saw on Sid the science kid, but it kills Greg every time and he cracks up laughing.
Lucas has had a good day today. I am really fortunate that he has been such a wonderful kid. Very rarely does he have a melt down. He is ready for school, I think he will really enjoy the experience.
Evan is so dramatic. He can be perfectly happy and I can tell him that he needs to put away his game boy and he will have a complete melt down. He had another melt down because Lucas pulled the sheet off of his bed. I don't know where he could possibly get the drama from :). Sometime he really tests me. I know that part of the issue is that I expect a lot from him, and the majority of the time he meets those expectations. Another issue is the fact that he is so stubborn, another trait he inherited from his mother. I am worried about what he is going to be like when he is a teenager. I think I might need to be medicated :)
No comments:
Post a Comment